RWDC NGO Profile
|Name of the Organization||(Gramin Mahila Utthan Kendra) or Rural Women Development Centre (RWDC)|
|DAO registration||District administration office Dang 82/051/052|
|Postal address||Midwestern Development Region, Lumbini Province Dang District Ghorahi Sub Metropolitan city 15, Bhagwati, Nepal|
|Contact person||Aasmani Chaudhary|
|Telephone number||00977-082-560837,560489 Mobile :9857830383|
|VAT registration number||301009559|
|Working District||Mid Western and Far Western Regions of Nepal|
|Working Sector||Health, Education, Risk Sensitivity Development, Human Right, Livelihood, Women Empowerment, Child rights and Good Governance|
|Target Group||Women, Children, youth, adolescence, senior citizen, poor, deprived, backward, marginalized|
|Nature of Work||Community and Mass based|
|Working Strategies||Coordination, Identification, Mobilization|
|Organizational Contact Person||Name: Aasmani Chaudhary Contact No.: 9857830383 Email Id: email@example.com|
List of the management board / committee of the organization
|Mrs.Aasmani chaudhary||Social activist||Female||Chairperson||26 years|
|Mrs.Kamala chaudhary||Social activist||Female||Vice chair person||20 years|
|Mrs.Sarita chaudhary||Social activist||Female||Secretary||15 years|
|Mrs.Mina Giri||Social activist||Female||Vice- Secretary||16 years|
|Mrs.Mira Chaudhary||Social activist||Female||Treasurer||12 Years|
|Mrs.Vasanta Pun||Social activist||Female||Member||10 years|
|Mrs.Madhaba Pokhrel||Social activist||Female||Member||15 years|
Rural Women Development Centre (Gramin Mahila Utthan Kendra) was founded in 1993 by a group of women social workers led by Aasmani Chaudhary in Dang district in Ghorahi municipality at Tharu village.
The primary focus of the organization was to promote educational rights, empowerment, maternal health rights, income generation and combating gender discrimination for backward and marginalized girls and women and create a just society.
RWDC office was set up in an unfurnished room of mud hut house located in Tharu gaun of Ghorahi town. There were no resources to use at the outset. So, the organization was started from zero level with just few floor mates to sit on.
Celebrating Silver Jubilee Year of RWDC journey
RWDC now has traversed a journey of 26 years as of this day and is now a well-established national NGO in mid western Nepal. The organization also has had a great impact on the beneficiary groups’ literacy awareness, empowerment leadership capabilities, good governance and income generation activities after economic empowerment program was initiated through microfinance since 2003.
So, there has been a major shift of paradigm now in the outlook of rural women groups involved with RWDC microfinance programs as they are capable of taking petty loans from microfinance program to start small scale business entrepreneurship which is another form of self employment and income generation to make women self-dependent both socially and economically.
This program has helped in alleviating poverty of rural women to greater extent. RWDC has also become popular NGO in the last 26 years as an outcome of its consistent work and commitment to oversee the welfare of the rural women in this region.
RWDC has contributed substantially to maternal health of rural women who used to suffer from the problem of prolapsed uterus during the last decade. Over 24000 rural women were facilitated with recovery of prolapsed uterus through program activities launched by this organization which was supported by Americans for UNFPA -United Nations Population fund in Dang district.
As an outcome, RWDC’s chairperson Aasmani Chaudhary was awarded with “International Award for Health and Dignity” by Americans for UNFPA in America in New York in 2008.
Throughout the last 26 years of our humanitarian journey, the RWDC under the charismatic leadership of Aasmani Chaudharuy has had the great opportunity to work in cooperation with government as well as various bilateral, multilateral donor agencies, INGOs/NGO mentioned given below:
- World Education,
- Heifer International Nepal (Existing partner)
- United Nation Population Fund (UNFPA),
- DANIDA (ADB),
- International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC),
- European Union,
- Planet Enfante
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Nepal, Resource Identification Management Society Nepal (RIMS-Nepal),
- RMDC Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Ltd,
- Centre for Research and Environment, Health and Population Activities (CREHPA),
- PACT Nepal
- Micro Credit Project for Women (MCPW)
- Community Self-Reliance Centre (CSRC),
- Enhancing Access to Financial Services (EAFAS),
- Nepal Rastra Bank,
- International Foundation for Electoral System (IFES),
- UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF),
- United Nation Development Fund (UNDF),
- Habitat for Humanity Nepal,
- USAID/fhi360, (Existing donor)
- Bank of Kathmandu,
- FMDB Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha.
“Create a Self-reliant and empowered society “
To facilitate accessibility of backward and destitute women, children to the opportunity of education, health, economic development and good governance. To assemble them for the sake of their rights and to enhance their capacity.
- : To improve the living standard of destitute and disadvantaged class of women and children by launching education, health and income generating programmers for them.
- : To make empowered, disadvantage, destitute and backward communities for their Rights.
- .To helps Poverty reduction.
- .To Enhance communities’ capacity for respond to the adverse Impact of climate Change.
- Zero tolerance to Fraud, sexual harassment, alcohol and Violence
|Project Name||Donor Agency|
|Civil Society: Mutual Accountability Project||USAID/fhi 360|
|SLVC II||Heifer International Nepal|